Thursday, August 30, 2012

Annoying Day- Not Completely

Torry's car got fried yesterday.  Nice.  So we've had this Volvo for about 2 years.  We were excited because we were able to pay cash for it, and not have a car payment.  Not anything fancy, but at the time it worked.   Well the yesterday, Torry was driving home from a hunting trip in Richfield when the engine overheated and stopped running.  And won't turn on again.  And there was oil bubbling from the engine.  That's not a good sign.  We're thinking it's going to be $3-$4k just to fix our $5,500 car.  Awesome.  And we were planning on selling it this fall anyway to buy an SUV.  Just wish I had that same $3-4k to use for the new car. Not repairing the old car.

Tennis today was annoying.   It's really like my brain was not working.  Maybe it was  the time? I woke up at 6a to be there by 6:30.  The coach kept giving me pointers on my ground strokes (like follow through, "shaving" the ball and turning my body before I hit). I would remember his pointers for 2 shots, then revert back to my old ways of doing things.  I didn't do very well this morning.

Kate & Camden were totally on each other's case today.  It's like they were doing everything they could just to bug each other.  I even bought them new toys today (which I NEVER do except for birthdays and Christmas) because I feel like they have been bored lately. Annoyance.

On a more positive note,  I was able to enjoy these sweet moments with my kids.

Lucy has been insisting on eating at the bar with Kate & Camden.  I love her cute hair.  It's like this baby fine, thin hair that will not do anything that I want.  But I love it.

Haha my mom usually picks the veggies every other day or so.  Well, she forgot for a few days.  And we got some giant zucchini.  Giant.  I'm giving them to Torry's co-worker for her to shred freeze. 

Lunch.  YUM.  Blake (my 24 year old awesome brother) made me this lunch.  To.Die.For.  So so so good. It was a balsamic vinegar reduction drizzled over tomatoes, mozzarella, and toasted bread with thyme on it.   I've just got to figure out how to quickly make this so I can have it every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment